Today was the day
I gotta ask though (and please don't kick me if you're one of the submitters who raced for the deadline because I certainly appreciate it) for a few key pieces. If you can muster any interest or inspiration, these are some of the topics I still have my heart set on (I have four, count 'em 4, bag patterns. They need to be offset by other things):
* halter top, tube top, or tank top patterns
* light shawl, caplet, sun hat, sun dress, skirt or sock patterns
* sunglasses case, bike seat (Brenna?) or pillow case patterns
* washcloth or dishcloth patterns
* patterns for babies and kids
* something related to picnics or travel... perhaps a pattern for a knitted gameboard?
* organic yarns/environmental and/or animal-rights aspects of knitting
* submissions from men and transpeople (not all knitters are womyn!)
* intro to yarn dying (Jodi?) or felting
* and finally, comics and drawings (please, please, please!)
Take till Friday, or contact me if you need to.
Now, away from the begging and pleading, here are some sites I got exicted about today:
Knit Wit - Missy reviewed the first issue of the knit zine here!
Big Cedar Co-op's blog - This is the intentional community in Peterborough where I lived for a year and where I'm moving back to for the summer. I put in a post while I was visiting this weekend because Paul hasn't been inspired in a while.
You Grow Girl - Now I've had a link to this site for a while, so of course I've been there, but today I really looked at it. Maybe it's because spring's on the way and things'll really be coming out of the ground soon, but I'm so impressed with Gayla's site. (I wanna do something just like it, but all about food.) So impressed even, that when I walked into the Toronto Women's Bookstore tonight to teach the last class in this beginners' knitting workshop, the first thing did was pick up a copy of her brand new book.
Somedays I feel no need to roll my eyes at the internet. Instead I feel grateful for high-speed. (And thanks for the felting suggestions Kathy and everyone else - I'm gonna try some spot-felting.)